Monday, October 13, 2014

Janet Emerson Bashen-First A.A. Female to Patent Software Invention

Janet Emerson Bashen is the first African American female to hold a patent for a software invention. Her software, LinkLine, is a web-based application for EEO claims intake and tracking, claims management, document management and numerous reports. Ms. Bashen was issued U.S. patent #6,985,922 on January 10 2006, for a “Method, Apparatus and System for Processing Compliance Actions over a Wide Area Network.”                                                                                               
Janet Emerson Bashen, Power 100 Honoree“My success and failures make me who I am and who I am is a black woman raised in the south by working class parents who tried to give me a better life by fostering a fervent commitment to succeed.” – Janet Emerson Bashen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment