Sunday, October 12, 2014

"The Hamster Workout Wheel"

Kevin Woolfolk of Normal, Illinois invented the "The Hamster Workout Wheel", a small animal exercise wheel that records your pet's mileage or wheel revolutions.
Kevin Woolfolk on His Invention:
I thought of this invention one evening after riding on my stationary exercise bike. As I began writing down my mileage from exercising on the bike I happened to notice my hamster, Burt, running in his wheel. I began to wonder how far he traveled each night in his wheel. My curiosity got the best of me, so I decided to make a prototype. I used Super Glue to attach a small magnetic counter and magnet, which I purchased from the local hardware store, to Burt's exercise wheel. I placed the wheel into my hamster's cage that evening. As always, he exercised in the wheel all night. When I awoke the next morning I noticed that Burt had traveled 23,300 feet. I converted the feet into miles and was amazed to find out that he had traveled about 4.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment